Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Yours, Awkwardly...

As One-Who-Watches-Over-The-Engineering-Folk, I have certain hobbies that come with the territory. They ooze into my personality and, before I know it, I'm talking publicly about my relationship with Pi.

Now, much of my personality came from my own personal territory - what I learned growing up. My parents watched Star Trek and Star Wars. They taught me about what culture they could (<hem-hem> Dukes of Hazard... <hem-hem> The A-Team... you see where we're going with this.) And then I adopted culture of my own as an adult. I'm particularly fond of The Big Bang Theory. If Penny can do it, so can I.

Thus, on occasion, I find myself subscribing to e-mails from websites that I just had to join.

Like ThinkGeek.

And the little love note they sent me today, which is right up the alley of many an EngineerFriend that tried to have a real conversation with an outsider...

Hi, Sunny!

How are you? How's the family? When do the hugs start? Now? No?

Sorry; maybe that was too much. September is International People Skills Month so we're just buffing our social Dexterity and Charisma. We've got a ways to go before we level up.

Let's get to it the old-fashioned internet way, then: You have <rewards!>, and we've updated our list of redeemables below. There. That was so much easier without the smalltalk--and no threat of hugs!

Yours, awkwardly,

--ThinkGeek Monkeys

65 comments:

  1. mantap gan artikelnya.. sangat bermanfaat dan powerfull.. mohon difeedback ya gan…
    Ceme QQ Online
    Ceme Online
    DAFTAR ID PRO
    SITUS ID PRO
    AKUN ID PRO
    WARNETQQ

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://lackadaisychain.blogspot.com/2012/09/yours-awkwardly.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Terbaik, 085624371576, Produksi Kemeja desain sendiri,Konveksi Kemeja Sumedang,Kemeja pria Bandung

    ReplyDelete