Thursday, September 20, 2012

Now I See You... Now I Don't...

My glasses are back!

Remember when I became a bespectacled personage?

Well... it sucked.

I tried very hard to be good at wearing glasses.

But they sucked.

I couldn't see up close... or far away... or in the middle... Everything was just kind of blurry, all the time.

I tried getting adjustments from the eye doctors...

"You're just getting used to them. You'll be fine. Here's a diagram of what you're supposed to be doing when you use them."

I didn't get used to them.

I wasn't fine.

And I became a hoarder of diagrams that were totally useless because I couldn't see.

But then... I went on vacation.

That glorious two week escape from my office, where I checked my cell phone every other evening and that was my only technological attachment to the outside world.

And you know what?

I didn't need my glasses. I took them off the first day and I was just fine.

So I got back, and tried to still be fine at my computer.

But I wasn't still fine.

I needed something.

So, as a happy end to this pointless story, the doctor turned my progressives into reading glasses... and I can see All The Time!

Which means you have to look out. Any nasty comments you make, I will totally be able to read now.

Consider yourselves warned.

No comments:

Post a Comment