Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Squisherrific

Public Service Announcement to Fellow Humans Who [Hypothetically] Have Answers To My Questions:

While I appreciate that answering questions can be stressful for you, let me guide you through the little joyfest you just inflicted on me.

I don't like not knowing what I'm doing. I take great strides to know what I'm doing, and ask questions only when it's of the utmost importance.

To that end, when I ask you a question, I assure you that it comes with a tremendous helping of Sunny Strife for "willingly" entering into a conversational triste with you. It's not a decision I make lightly, especially on a Monday morning. (And especially-especially on a Monday-morning-after-a-Friday-that-I-took-off-because-I-wasn't-feeling-well.) If I'm asking you a question... I've run into a wall**1 and am unable to figure out the answer myself.

Rephrasing my question back at me with snark will not make me find the answer on my own. It will simply prompt me to respond "Yes, that's what I'm trying to figure out." But well done - I'm glad we figured that part out together.

You most certainly cannot make me feel guilty for not knowing the answer.

You are the haver of answers. That's why I asked you. It's up to you to answer questions.

It's up to me to be a go-between. A middle-lady. The Tiny, Squishable Bug Between The Rock (you) and The Hard Place (the question).

Thank you for making my time spent there so totally enjoyable.

RaYD,

Sunny

**1 And been smushed into it by a stampeding rhinoceros who was crushed against me by a Mack truck which was being propelled forward by a flock of helicopters, all of which also squished against me.



No comments:

Post a Comment