Thursday, September 6, 2012

Whip It... Whip It Good...

Public Service Announcement to Askers of Questions
When you ask if I can help with something, I will typically try to do so. When I don't do so, it's for one of two reasons:
1) I've been chastized about taking care of this before, because it's someone else's responsibility;
or
2) I have no idea how to help you.
In either case, I will direct you to someone better suited to meeting your needs.
So when I direct you to someone else, what I'm saying is "I am unable to assist you, so I am pointing you in a different direction and washing my hands of this situation. I have other action items to take care of, and I need not waste either of our time futzing with this."
What I'm not saying is that you should ask me to "take a look at it anyway." I've looked. I've assessed my capabilities against your requirements. And I have found myself to have shortcomings that will hinder your situation. There's no point in my doing it again - it's obvious that you're not reading my reports back to you anyway.
But I applaud your energies spent whaling away on that proverbial Dead Horse. You're really going to town.
RaYD,
Sunny

No comments:

Post a Comment