Friday, September 28, 2012

Street Cred

Some days I just want to be comfortable. Like today. I woke up this morning and it was chilly, and it felt like dew had fallen on my pillow.**1 So I put on my ass-tastic jeans, a glittery shirt and a fuzzy sweater.

But yesterday... I wanted to be gorgeous.

And I was.

So yesterday evening, when work was done and I achieved freedom, I was feeling pretty pleased with myself. I rocked a sexy saunter**2 down the hill past the parking lot behind my office.

Which is precisely when an individual who works in my office building unknowingly made my day by slamming on his breaks, rolling down his window and yelling out "NICE LEGS!"

I turned and met his eye.

Upon realizing my identity, his face flushed and he declared (at twice the octave he had hit before...) "Oh!"

His head dropped, his window rolled up and he drove away shamefaced.

I, however, raised my chin a little higher and hoped to God I would catch him in the elevator the next morning.**3

**1 It hadn't. In fact, it was an unfortunate case of over-achieving humidifier.

**2 Not unlike my rundown ramble... except that I wear boots.

**3 I didn't. Which is probably good, because I wouldn't really know what to do with myself if I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment