Friday, September 7, 2012

Friday, Gamer Style

It hasn't been a snazzeriffic week in SunnyLand.

In fact... most of the week has downright sucked.

But today, I decided it would not suck... and would be awesome instead.

True story.**1

So this morning, much like the character we know and love (and my beloved co-hobbyists**2), I armor-suited up.

"How so?!" you ask?

Here's how:

  • Puffy Pigtail Buns of Nonchalant Excellence (+3 in combat against naggers who appear in cubicle doorways. IE: "Sunny, I asked you yesterday and this morning to... Oh! Cute hair!")
  • Vacation Necklace of Happy Memories (+2 in combat against negativity. For instance: political ads daren't populate my computer screen today, because my pendant sparkles them into silence.)
  • Purple Sweater of Ultimate Plunginess (+5 in combat against self-doubt. Just try to look in the mirror and find fault when your eyes are immediately drawn to how fantastically purple and skinny you look.)
  • Butt-Tastic Blue Jeans of Cleanliness and Wonder (+3 in combat against unsightly office-worker seat-sag. No explanation needed - you know what I'm talking about.)
And most importantly...
  • Purple Glitter Pumps of Ultimate Power (+10, because they're purple. And glitter. And they're shoes.)**3
So Friday can bring it. My horoscope says five stars (and Boyfriend of Amazingness is having a four-star day, too, so I'm feeling excellent by proximity, too...) and it's payday and I've refilled my candy jar and I might even get out of work early to go enjoy a tasty beverage and a street vaudeville show.

Because, ReaderFriends, I'm awesome and I know it.

**1 Flagrantly word-lifted from How I Met Your Mother. Give them the credit - it's their words, I just sprinkle them liberally over my life.

**2 <shamelessplug>Want to learn more? Visit your local chapter. </shamelessplug>

**3 I work with Engineers, remember? A wise person once said "An extroverted Engineer looks at someone else's shoes." It's important.

No comments:

Post a Comment