Thursday, June 13, 2013

Reasons I'm Feeling Very Adult-Like Today

  1. When I woke up this morning, I made myself get up and get ready for work instead of calling out like I desperately wanted to.

    A more childish person would have picked up the phone as the first shiver of anticipation for the day washed over her, and she would have been the Queen of Hookie-dom.

    But that's not me. I'm a grown up, who makes herself go into work even though it's pretty probable that today will be a waste of energy because I'm just too excited.
  2. When I opened Boyfriend of Amazingness's tee-shirt drawer to find something to pack in our overnight bag for our trip tonight, there was a spider crawling on the very top shirt. Instead of freaking out, I gasped ever so slightly and then regarded it. I picked up the tee-shirt that had the offender upon it, and placed the whole caboodle gently on the floor so the spider could scamper away.

    A more childish person would have slammed the drawer shut and refused to allow the whole dresser ever to be used again.

    But that's not me. I'm a grown up, who doesn't think spiders are demon spawn.
  3. When I was ready for work over half an hour early, I spent the time doing two loads of laundry and tidying up some peripheral stuff.

    A more childish person would have taken out her bubble wand and gone outside to terrorize the local birds.

    But that's not me. I'm a grown up, who knows that bubbles are for afternoon shenanigans.
  4. When driving in to work this morning and a local ninny passed me - on a corner, with his wheels spinning, on the on ramp of the highway - I sighed and called him a dodo under my breath.

    A more childish person would have honked her horn, hit the gas and tried to push them out of the way.

    But that's not me. I'm a grown up, who doesn't get road rage stemming from undercaffeination.

    BUT MOST IMPORTANTLY...
  5. When I get out of work shortly, I'll go home for a healthy lunch of warm spaghetti with cold sauce. I'll frantically pack totes with bathroom paraphernalia, I'll get sheets and curtains and clothes put into neat piles for the next couple of days, and then I'll drive to the bank.

    Where Boyfriend of Amazingness and I will sign the paperwork and become homeowners.

    I'm a grown up, who's about to own a house.
WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment