Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Pick A Direction...

It's hard to be creative in one direction when your mind is being creative in another.

Right now, outside of work and off of the computer altogether, I'm working with another dancer on a piece of joint choreography that we'll perform in a month. We're picking the song, and then will each choreograph half of the dance.

Which means that, as I was supposed to be writing this, I just spent most of the last half hour digging through YouTube videos to find the perfect song, and fixating on little smidgens of choreography while I listened to them.

How does one type "hip drop in vertical circle to that part of the song that goes boom-boom-boom-boom-boom?"

Well.

I guess that's how you type it.

But how does one make that jargon make sense later, when one is listening to the song for the umpteenth time and has forgotten which boom-boom-boom-boom-boom one was previously referencing?

Ah... now that is the question.

See? Even as I write, I'm writing about this other creative direction and cannot focus to make good words.**1

The best I can do is try to redeem myself with a witty one-liner (for which I cannot even take credit):


What does a belly dancer use to hold her costume together?

BELLY BUTTONS!


Yup... That will simply have to do.

**1 Point of note: I had three typos in that last sentence, including "writting" because I was thinking of how to integrate repetition. And I used the phrase "make good words," and found that permissible because it was better than the previous three attempts to end that sentence.

Some times I'm not even sure why you read this nonsense.

No comments:

Post a Comment