Thursday, May 9, 2013

Zoom! Zoom! Zoom!

I love The Big Bang Theory.

Now, I don't have cable... or regular television at all, really... so I just own every available season on DVD and watch them over and over again until I've memorized every line and found every idiosyncracy that helps me feel connected to the show.

As such, many of my day-to-day happenings can be fit inside the parameters of this SitCom.

For instance, today my brain feels like Flash Sheldon with The Banana.



(Video Credit - ZoMBiSLaYa on YouTube, and to Chuck Lorre/Bill Prady who write this ingenious stuff.)

But my body isn't keeping up.

Seriously. My brain is running about a thousand miles a minute, and all I want to do is write a funny blog post and take a nap. But instead it's all fixated.

It's thinking about how I'm supposed to have dinner tonight with my god daughter. We were going to get lunch, but I'm stuck at work. So instead we're going to meet for dinner, possibly with our guys, and then get ice cream. Ice cream is delicious. I wish I had some now.

Mother's Day is on Sunday. I've already coordinated her gift - phone and internet! Wahoo! - but am still feeling like something isn't taken care of yet. I'll see her on Saturday... maybe that's it? That the gift isn't the point, and that I miss her and want to give her a hug? Saturday will be busy, but there will be time for hugs.

Saturday... I have to make sure I'm ready. I need to download the music, and make sure the playlist is taken care of. I need to locate the box that's holding the music player and the music transmitter, and make sure it's packed and ready to go. I need to make sure the tiny hip scarves are ready, and that I've tracked down my glitter markers. And I need to pack the books.

And while we're thinking about Mother's Day, we ought to do something for Boyfriend of Amazingness' mom. She asked that we not, but we should do something... I mean, seriously. She's Mom.

I need to answer the phone that's currently ringing. Wow, my voice sounds weird... so slow and calm. It almost makes me feel more crazy to hear me.

That's right, I totally forgot. I'm at work. I have invoices to take care of. And an e-mail to draft to a client, after I've finalized that document. I should take care of that before I forget.

But speaking of e-mails... I have to make sure I've taken care of everything from the Realtor. And the bank. And the people who're touching base about my hobbies, with whom I've got to follow up.

The Realtor. Ugh. Is there anything I owe them? Have we done everything we can? What if the Seller isn't holding up their end of the bargain? Is there absolutely anything I can do about it?

No.

Stop.

TOO FAST.

Right now, I can focus on work. I can focus on hiking up my shirt - which, by the way, is slowly slithering south to show off my new pink-and-white striped bra to the whole world  - and taking care of immediate issues.

Because, seriously, I'm not built for this craziness. My body is sleepy and lethargic. Which wouldn't be an issue if I had gone to sleep instead of lying in bed last evening listening to the rain against the window and trying to think of a synonym for "tap" that would explain the sound it was making. If I had just shut my brain up last night and slept, I wouldn't be in this conundrum at all.

But instead I indulged in some wordcraft, while it was too dark to write. So it all rattled around in my brain.

Serves me right, silly girl that I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment