Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Don't Wanna

After a particularly focused dance class today, I'm finding myself lacking any ability at all to make myself write something clever.

After a particularly snuggly night last night with Boyfriend of Amazingness, I'm finding myself lacking any ability at all to make myself do want to be at work.

After a particularly carb-heavy lunch, I'm finding myself lacking any ability at all to make myself be excited about being awake.

After a particularly rainy couple of days, I'm finding myself lacking any ability at all to make myself stay inside now that it's finally drying out so I can get things done.

I'm taken with a fit of the I-Don't-Wanna's.

Since the I-Don't-Wanna's include not wanting to expend the energy to write something even though I really ought to, I tried to find more creative outlets that might help me express this sentiment.

I tried to draw a picture of what I don't want to do.

It mostly looked like a lot of scribbles that I then erased, obviously because I didn't want to make art.

I tried to write a poem.

I got through "Nope. Don't want to."

Obviously this is a deep-seated case, and will take something pretty epic to un-seat it.

It might not even be possible. Perhaps this is such a stubborn case that it will take me straight through all the way to this evening, when I'll get home and fall asleep on the couch in a fit of pique. Or perhaps it will keep me awake straight through till tomorrow, because it will get to bedtime and I won't want to sleep.

There's no way to be certain.

What is certain is that it's going to be an interesting afternoon if I don't shape up.

No comments:

Post a Comment