Friday, May 10, 2013

Scatterbrain

I so desperately want to be funny today.

I mean, I've mental-listed all over you all week, so it's about time I share something comedic... right?

But the funniest thing that's happened to me today is a coworker calling to ask if I could take care of the delinquents in the back parking lot who appear to be smoking a crack pipe.**1

So... not a whole lot of fodder there.

Which means I'm prompting it today!

But instead of just one prompt that I'll run with, I think I'll try to answer - in three sentences or less - a multitude of blog prompts.

Let's see where this takes us, shall we?

What show from your childhood would you love to bring back?

I'm not qualified to answer this question, since I don't have a television and I'm not certain what they're airing these days. But I would be doing myself a disservice if I didn't request more episodes of Firefly, which originally aired when I was a child. I guess I pick that.


Try a picture prompt for inspiration.


 I found this picture at http://www.creativity-portal.com/prompts/365/pictures.html.
Okay. This picture looks like I do in the morning, after I've started to perk up but before I've got the gumption to wash my hair. Or maybe after a long day of sticking my fingers in light sockets at the theater, which would explain why I'm singing opera and even my hair is emoting.

What’s the best vacation you ever had?

I like lots of different parts of lots of different vacations. It wouldn't be fair to them for me to choose just one. 

If someone gave you a free plane ticket to anywhere in the world, where would you go?

I think I would probably go where the ticket told me to. I couldn't very well fly to Bora Bora if my ticket said I was destined for Yugoslavia... Although in retrospect, I probably wouldn't accept a free ticket to Yugoslavia.

What’s your favorite rainy day movie?

I'm going to assume this is asking about which movie I enjoy watching on a rainy day. Which is silly, because I don't watch movies on rainy days. On rainy days I listen to the rain and I nap, except when I'm making cookies.

Write a “day in the life” post.

Melvin is a tiny hippopotamus. He lives by himself because he's tiny and the other hippopotami would squish him if they were to hang out together. He wakes, he eats, he poops and he sleeps.

If you could be any age again for a week, which would you choose?

I think I would enjoy being fourteen again. Three boys - a sixteen-year-old, a five-year-old and a two-year-old - kept me running straight through it. One I ran with, and two I ran after. It was a wonderful year.**2

Which of the four seasons best suits your personality?

Springtime, when the sun comes back out and life comes back into the world. It's happy and bubbly and people remember the good stuff. I'm happy and bubbly and sometimes I smell like flowers, but some other times I smell like swamp water (which also happens in the spring).

Search for a random quote. Respond to it on your blog.

I Googled "random quote," and in the interest of posterity I selected the first web page. The quote is "Never compare your inside with somebody else's outside" by Hugh Macleod. I think the dude is on to something there - I could never make my intestines look like someone's face, and it would be silly for me to try.
Describe (in words or photos) your favorite reading space.   My favorite reading space would be a big comfy chair that I can curl up in. It would be just large enough that my legs don't get cramped, but not so large that it deters from the small-reading-nook feel. It would be ideal if it had a cupholder for my beverage and if it were well lit.
Which five characters from novels would you have dinner with?

Charlie and Drew from "A Total Waste of Makeup" by Kim Gruenenfelder
Stephanie and Ranger from Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum series
Harold from "Harold and The Purple Crayon"  by Crockett Johnson**3

If you could have personally witnessed one event in history, what would you want to have seen?

I think I would like to have witnessed the day that Disney World opened. I bet there was lots of free stuff.

Who is your favorite literary character of all-time?

I think we ought to circle back to Harold here. He's just so optimistic, artistic and pleasant. And he eats like a bird, which leaves lots of leftover pie for anyone who hangs out with him.

Create a photo post.

I'm sorry, I can't. I don't have a camera. But I can share this photo of my socks that I posted a while ago, because they're pretty cool.



Write a post with a “cliffhanger” that you’ll resolve in a later post.

Melvin the hippopotamus woke up one day and decided that he wanted to shake things up.

Who is your favorite villain?

I think you're missing the point of villains, prompt generator. A favorite villain is an oxy-moron, like "delicious fat-free ice cream." Although perhaps Ben and Jerry's could be considered villainous towards waistlines, so I guess I pick them.

Your book is a movie! Who’s in your dream cast?

I, obviously, am played by Scarlett Johansen. It would only make sense that Boyfriend of Amazingness be played by someone like Robert Downey Jr, who is a funny and sexy badass. Minor characters need not apply... because they'd probably be burned up by the amazing supernova created when these stars' proximity breaches minimum acceptable distance.

5 Items you would buy with a million dollars.

(3) houses - one apiece for my mother and my sister, and one for Boyfriend of Amazingness and I to share - (1) subcompact car for me and (1) new truck for Boyfriend of Amazingess

Yeah... I think that'll do. Happy Friday, ReaderFriends!

**1 My question was this: If it wigs you out to hear me tell you that I have to go pee, how in the hell do you know what a crack pipe is?

**2 Oops. That was a four sentencer.

**3 HA. Five people, three sentences.

No comments:

Post a Comment