Monday, July 16, 2012

Dancey Dancey, Jump for Joy!

Woah!
No, seriously - Woah!!
Today, upon returning from my long weekend away from the bonds of technology**1, do you know what I found?
(Of course you don't. I haven't told you yet, and you aren't psychic. If you were, you'd be using your powers to figure out the deeper meaning behind the Matrix movies or something, instead of wasting your time here on my ramblings.)
We have just hit 1,000 views!
DearEngineerFriend has been looked at 1,000 times within the past 14 months.
That's 71 views per month!!
That's 2.3 views per day!!!
That's SO EXCITING!!!!
And in celebration of this momentus occasion...
I have absolutely nothing.
(This kind of snuck up on me.)
I didn't prepare something in anticipation of reaching this milestone... I just figured it would happen eventually and the perfect words would be at the tip of my fingers.
(Because spur-of-the-moment words are so easy to come by, doncha know...)
They aren't.
Instead of crafting perfect verbage, I spent my morning weeding through e-mails that came in over my long weekend**2 and trying to figure out how the world will handle my impending 2-week vacation.
But as I was doing that, I did assemble a snippet to share... So we'll call this the celebration.
Public Service Announcement to Fellow Office Dwellers
We've covered before how I feel about Monday Mornings. They are just the life-sucky-est. But we forge boldly onward, secure in the knowledge that tomorrow is NOT Monday, and the week will get better.
However, what Monday mornings are is a termination of the weekend. That means we buckle down and get back to the unsavory duties we must accomplish within our Establishment of Organized Chaos.
And by 'unsavory duties,' I do NOT mean clipping your fingernails at your desk. No, I'm serious. Your morning schedule should include e-mails and returning phone calls... not basic hygiene. You had a whole weekend just a few hours ago in which to fling little clipping shards about your home with wild abandon. Which leads me to believe that one of two things is happening:
1) You have only one pair of clippers, which you keep them in your desk drawer next to your emergency roll of duct tape. And you accidentally killed a hobo with your claws this morning, so a police officer mandated that you groom.
2) You use clippings to spice your morning coffee, to give your Monday morning a little extra pick-you-up.
Either way, my Monday morning routine - and my Me - is being thoroughly and deeply disturbed by your Monday morning routine. Something's gotta give... And at the rate you're going, it's going to be the tip of your finger and my stomach.
RaYD,
Sunny
**1 And when I escape technology... I do it pre-7th-century style. And it's epic.
**2 Did I mention that it was epic?

No comments:

Post a Comment