Monday, October 7, 2013

Half-Tank Weekend

  • Adventure through Our Fair City with a similarly-chromosomed companion
    • A visit to a local consignment shop, where I found (and bought) a skirt identical to the very favorite one I wore to death two years ago
    • A stop at a Mexican eatery for margarita-like beverages (so called because they weren't margaritas at all) and fundido/chips-and-dips/fried plantains
    • Perusal through three separate hippy-chic boutiques, where I found (and bought) a beautiful hip wrap to wear while I dance
    • A brief encounter with a pseudo-wafflehouse for end of evening snacks
    • All while an Art Walk was happening, and every resident of the city and surrounding towns were crowding the sidewalks and storefronts of the land
  • Attend a funeral and burial in my hometown
  • Adventure through my hometown to my Mother's house with the Young Master for a morning of Play and Adventure
    • Dig a large hole in the backyard with the assistance of the Young Master
    • Meet and greet with Mother's dog (success! Minimal snarling, and Young Master seems to be coming out on bottom, cowtowing to the superiority of the older, wiser Mother's Dog)
    • Fill in large hole in the backyard completely contrary to the wishes of the Young Master
    • Sojourn for sammiches just outside of town with Mother and Young Master in tow
  • Find, Coordinate Delivery Of and Receive two absolutely beautiful mirrors for my dance studio
All of this and more.

That is what I accomplished this weekend, and all on half a tank of gas.

Because I'm awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment