Thursday, October 3, 2013

Attitude Adjustment

Today I need an attitude adjustment. I woke up with a pounding headache and didn't want to leave the snuggly Boyfriend of Amazingness and the snuggly Young Master for the cold, cruel, un-snuggly world.

But I had to, and was faced with a drooling Drama Llama at work who dribbled their drama-spit on my shiny shoes.

Icky.

The negativity is contorting my whole day.

I don't like it.

I will not allow it.

And so, I must undertake an Attitude Adjustment.

How, you ask?

Like this!

Sunny's Ten Steps to a Brighter Day

1.) Think about Christmas, and what wonderful presents might be given to loved ones.

2.) Think about cookies, and how yummy they are, and consider making a batch tonight to boost my spirits.

3.) Think about other people who like cookies, like the Cookie Monster from Sesame Street, and how they might respond to one from tonight's batch.

3a.) Watch a Cookie Monster video on YouTube.



4.) Remember that there is already some fabulous ice cream in the freezer, bought by someone who loves me very much, so I don't really need cookies.

4a.) Make note to pick up chocolate syrup and whipped cream for optimized ice cream experience this evening.

4b.) Consider making cookies anyway to go with ice cream.

5.) Talk to someone on the phone as if they are the brightest moment of my day. Smile and create an upbeat aura for the conversation, and allow myself to be buoyed by their positive response.

6.) Talk with an always-optimistic-and-upbeat coworker about her dog's latest shenanigans.

7.) Call Boyfriend of Amazingness for a quick lunchtime pick-me-up chat

8.) Remember that Boyfriend of Amazingness will be working this evening, so make a fabulous plan for cheesecake and ice cream and cookies for dinner while watching musicals on TV.

9.) Undertake a Random Act of Kindness.

10.) Make myself laugh until the laugh becomes real, and giggle my way through a brighter afternoon!

I hope your day is bright and Sunny, ReaderFriends!

No comments:

Post a Comment