Monday, October 8, 2012

Having a Good Day

You know how, sometimes, a random interaction with a stranger can brighten your whole day?

Well... that hasn't happened to me in a while.

But it did make me grin some when, while walking with a coworker for a midday adventure today, a passerby asked if I had the time. I checked my watched and asserted that it was 11:15, and then returned to my conversation with my partner-in-crime.

The gentleman was not dissuaded. He continued, "Are you having a good day?"

I looked at my compatriot.

She looked at me.

We turned to him, and I said "I certainly am."

And then we all grinned.

(What did brighten my whole day was the ten minutes spent giggling with the aforementioned coworker that she had blown out a sole on one of her shoes, and that she could wiggle her toes right out the side. That was comedy gold.)

No comments:

Post a Comment