Thursday, October 11, 2012

Alive, Awake, Alert... Enthusiastic?

First thing in the morning isn't my most brilliant time of day.
(In fact... I think I mentioned recently that Boyfriend of Amazingness wants to pen a Little Something about Sunny's Morning Ramblings: Precious Thoughts From My Sleepy Girl.)
It's unfortunate, because I've recently become quite taken with having a morning mocha to get me going.
Unfortunate in that, on workdays, I make myself get to my desk before I can have the delightful go-go juice that kickstarts my day.
So that means I shower, get dressed, pack my day bag and drive to work all before I am caffeinated and really "With It."**1
Which can mean that, on occasion, I'll do something stupid because my mental hamster is still catching his last few Zzz's.
Like yesterday morning.
At current, our local parking garage is being prettied up for the winter... Which involves a delightful maze of closed stairwells and exciting adventures in the Parking Garage Elevator.
Yesterday morning, upon stepping into the elevator, I regarded the buttons and thought only briefly about where I needed to go. "Out" was the final decision. So I pushed the lowest button on the panel. It, of course, would take me to the Ground floor - the lowest level in the building. It only made sense.
Except that, beneath the Ground Floor button is the Emergency Alert button.
Which is what I accidentally pushed.
Alarms clanged and the elevator light flashed. I, in a moment of Shining Mental Clarity, said "Aah!" and plastered myself against the back wall of the elevator. And I may have been a little shaken.**2
Which is where the Garage attendant found me when I finally made it to the ground floor.
On the up side... I only needed half a cup of coffee yesterday.
**1 Don't worry. I'm alert, and not prone to running over rodentia or homeless wanderers.
**2 Like a paint can at a home improvement store...

No comments:

Post a Comment