Monday, June 25, 2012

Greetings, Greetings...

Public Service Announcement
Perhaps I've got hold of the wrong end of the stick. Please correct me if I misunderstand you, but when you say "How are you," what you're really looking for as a response from me is silence so as not to impede your headfirst propulsion into your demand for my action. Because I certainly can't tell you how fabulously my day is going in the thirty nanoseconds you allow for my report.

Perhaps it would behoove us both to dispense with this frivolity of conversation? It seems equally pointless for me to waste valuable moments inquiring after your well-being when I could instead commit them to chasing your constantly-moving target. Especially since the highest response you can afford is a half-hearted smile and a nod in my direction as you hasten away.

Really, I'm not that scary. And sometimes I even smell nice.

RaYD,
Sunny

No comments:

Post a Comment