Monday, July 1, 2013

Cooked Through

Although it doesn't photograph in the slightest (despite my best efforts of photography), I've got one hell of a sunburn.

I managed to avoid it last year, but some time between late June and mid-July I totally and completely fry my forehead.

My sister would say it's because my forehead is so prodigiously huge that the sun can't help but burn it out of spite that my forehead is the bigger, brighter object.**1

I say it's because I'm so fair-skinned that I can't help but cook like a lobster in a pot.

I think one of the worst parts is that I burned some of my scalp and just along my hair line. That skin is so tender that I think it's already starting to peel.

But worse, even, than that... is that I just had super-salty, super-cajun-y fries... and then scratched my already-peeling-but-still-totally-burnt-and-really-sore forehead with my salty-cajuny fingernails

There's a very real possibility that my skin is going to pop like a stepped-on blueberry peel right off.

Ick.

**1 This is from the same sister who calls me Bubble Butt.

No comments:

Post a Comment