Monday, July 15, 2013

On the Fly

I'm a pretty speedy learner.

It helped me a lot when I was a student, because I needed to supplement the attention my own teachers gave me with attention of my own, as they rarely had time to assist me if my fellow students (who weren't gifted and talented) needed assistance.

Survival of the fittest - I had to be a self-taught learner.

As such, I try to muddle through situations if I have even the slightest understanding of what needs to happen.

Now, on occasion, this can backfire with remarkable power and explusions of light.

For instance, when trying to learn how to cook, it's entirely possible that I set a plethora of paper towels (and one ill-fated cotton dish rag) on fire in the kitchen, and them dumped them into the sink and turned on the faucet because I hadn't any idea how to quell the flames.

But on other occasions, I can look pretty clever.

For instance, those occasions where I teach myself basic HTML in order to get my blog posts out to the masses.

It takes time, for sure... time that's in short order these days, with the impending Two Week Vacation on the horizon.

But at least I don't feel like I'm neglecting you further.

Today is Three Days to Vacation, ReaderFriends! Let's see what fun we can find!

No comments:

Post a Comment