Tuesday, March 12, 2013

The More Things Change...

There are a lot of impending changes on my personal horizon these days.

But the thing is...

They're impending.

They aren't actually happening yet.

And that part is driving me bonkers.

I'm geared up. I'm antsy. I'm ready for this all to go down.

But instead, I have a serious case of the thumb twiddles.

I sit. I wait. I twiddle.

I twiddle a lot.

I know that all this waiting will be worth it, when the super cool changes do settle in to effect.

But the activity of waiting drives me absolutely, positively, pull-my-hair-out bat-crap crazy.

So, while waiting, I start thinking about other changes I would have more control over.

Something with an immediate payoff, like buying new shoes or getting a new haircut.

But I know this isn't the right solution. I know I need to just wait.

I hear people talk about "embrace the wait."

But really I'd like them to stick that up their nose.

I want my change... And I want it now.

No comments:

Post a Comment