Friday, November 2, 2012

Say What?

It's been an odd day for communication.

For instance, the call I just received:

"Hello, this is Sunny. How can I help you?"

"You can't."

"Well, sir, I'd be happy to try."

"No. Someone called me, and I called them back but it just went to you at the switchboard."

"Well I'm terribly sorry for the inconvenience, Sir. Have a wonderful afternoon!"

<grunt><click>

Now, I understand that it can defintely be frustrating to get a switchboard when you're expecting to get a "real person." But if you could please understand that switchboard operators are people too... it may make our interaction that much more pleasant.

At least it's worth a try, since we both know you're going to call me right back as soon as you figure out who you're looking for.

And your politeness may be the difference between a transferred call and a runaround.

I'm just saying.

No comments:

Post a Comment