Tuesday, November 6, 2012

All The Difference

I'm wearing the same clothes I wore yesterday.
"Ew!" you must have said. "Sunny, that's gross."
Well, don't judge. You haven't walked in my shoes.**1
Let me explain.
Today started out almost exactly like yesterday:
I woke up a little early. I rolled over, assessed the clock with one bleary eye open, and then rolled back to mash my nose into Boyfriend of Amazingness's armpit and catch a few extra Zzz's before the alarm clock rang.**2
When the alarm clock finally did make itself known, I dutifully ignored ignored it - mashing down the snooze button half a dozen times before actually admitting that it was time to get out of bed.
I showered. I brushed my teeth. I got dressed in my darkest jeans, my purplest tank and my only button-up shirt. I accessorized with my favorite "statement necklace" - a pendant that Boyfriend of Amazingness chose for one of my dance performances - and did my hair.
The only difference between Monday and Tuesday was the hairstyle: Monday was a power bun. Tuesday was pigtails.
Which is why, today, I can say with absolute certainty that hairstyles do make all the difference.

Yesterday was an exercize in futility. I arrived at work fifteen minutes early, only to fritter away half an hour chatting with one of my favorite coworkers about our weekends.I had a very positive report to give, and received a positive report in return, and much giggling commenced. But I was still late to start my day.
I poured my cup of coffee and scampered back to my desk. I sat down in my chair, set down my cup of coffee, and reached for the pile of invoices that were to take up my earliest morning working hours.
Which is when all hell broke loose.
An entire cup of coffee (mixed with a packet of hot cocoa mix, for optimum stickiness) decided to burst free of the confines of my mug and leap joyously into my lap for a snuggle.
Which would have been fine, except that it was 8:30 in the morning and I don't enjoy feeling like I peed myself.
Today, I successfully drank a full cup of coffee and didn't even drip any on the side of my mug.
I wore the same outfit all through my workday**3 and I got lots of stuff done and I didn't even have to go to my icky morning meeting.
I had an amazing lunch of leftovers from last night's amazing dinner that Boyfriend of Amazingness made.
I'm injury free, except for the one bonk to the hip that I got when I didn't quite clear my corner around the print room table.
I'm even managing to get a little dancing in.
Today has been a much brighter day.
**1 You'd love it if you did, though. They're all orthotic-y and delightfully full of squidge.
**2 I know. It's weird. We both wonder why I do it.
**3 I can say that safely now. If I spill something, I can go home without shame. I've worked almost 8 hours, and am confident that there will be enough overtime in the rest of my week to cover whatever I may need this afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment