Monday, August 1, 2011

No Pain...

Ow.

Remember that insomnia post? And how I vaguely hinted at some pain from over-exertion?

My muscles aren't being vague anymore.

So here's the scoop: I took a tumble over the weekend because I didn't take care of myself, got a little too thirsty and a little too dizzy and fell down carrying a box of books on the stairs. Which wouldn't have been so bad except I landed on my butt/back/hips. So now (two days later), I hurt.


A lot.

Until now, it had been tolerable. At home when I got uncomfortable, I would fidget around and get myself comfy again, and go on with my tasks. At work, I pretty much just sit here. There's only so much fidgeting one can do from a seated position, and so... I grump.


In the scheme of things, I don't have it so bad. I have a remarkable feeling of accomplishment for That Which I Got Done Over The Weekend, and I have an afternoon off to do That Which I Didn't Get Done Over The Weekend, so I'm in good spirits about that. And keeping on with the moving helps me not seize up entirely and fall to a quivering lump on the floor.


Besides... it can be kind of fun to incite pity from my coworkers, and see what I can get them to do for me. (So far, nothing. But it's early yet.)

MONDAY NOONTIME NOMS!


We been clusterin' all mornin, and it's only 10:30. (From a client who insists that his projects always go wrong.)

I'm gonna retire -  I don't give a God-damn! (From the same client, later in the same conversation.)


Are you have time to make a presentation printie? This is for internal ooing and ahhing.  (From an EngineerFriend who was trying desperately not to come apart at the seams with their stressful project.)

<EngineerFriend approaches desk to sign out in Sign Out log>
Sunny: <mostly to self> Oh my goodness... They have cologne with undertones of bacon.
EngineerFriend: Hmm... <looks dreamily out the window for a moment> Oh! <starts, and looks back to Sign Out log> Now you got me all flustered, thinkin' about bacon!

Is your pride in your butt? (Upon telling a client on the phone that I had fallen and hurt myself some. He said 'I bet your pride got the worst blow.' I said 'Tell that to my butt!' This was his response.)

No comments:

Post a Comment