Tuesday, August 23, 2011

And I Feel Fine...

Woah.

I mean, seriously. Woah!

Over the course of the last hour this afternoon, I have caught the following snippets of conversation:

"Yeah! My bobbleheads were going nuts!"

"So there I was, just watching my plant sway back and forth... You know, it was kind of calming!"

"And then I thought, 'This isn't the greatest building. Am I going to die?' But then we didn't. Hurray for that."

The chorus of "Did you feel it?" "What was it like?" and "Wow! Really?"s

But my favorite so far was:

"Yeah, it was hard to tell. This building moves and shakes all the time anyway. Who's to say it wasn't a strong wind or a big truck or someone opening the elevator doors at the same time as the back stairwell..."

Aptly put, EngineerFriend. I couldn't have phrased it better myself.

Long And Short:

We had an earthquake.

And no, I didn't feel it.

Bummer.

(But only because everyone is okay, and no reports of major damage have appeared. No matter your Deity of Choice, please ask them to keep an eye on the goings-on herein, and think warm fuzzies for anyone affected by this. Please.)

No comments:

Post a Comment