Tuesday, May 13, 2014

By The Numbers

I did the math. 

(It hurt my brain a little, but I did it!)

This is a graphic representation of my adult life, calculated from the day of my 18th birthday through this Friday, May 16 (a period of exactly 97 months):


The first month of being an adult, I was an unemployed college student. Easy peasy.

After exactly one month of unemployment, I began my internship at a local utility company for the summer. I spent seven months there. Again... super easy.

Then, halfway through December of that year (eight months after I turned 18), I got the job I have today.

I've changed positions within the company.

The company has changed around me.

But for 89 months I've called this my job.

(That's one month shy of seven-and-a-half years.)

And so, today... I announce that Friday May 16 will be the end of my tenure here.

It's exciting.

It's terrifying.

It's a lot of things, all at once.

And it's going to be an adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment