Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Prompt

So, troopers - here's a new game. I've been waxing poetic for the past hour, and have cobbled this brief thought. I'd be interested to hear how it inspires you to continue the story! Leave your thoughts in the comments below.

I do not proclaim to practice the Life of a Night Owl. Indeed, to watch the moon creep slowly across the heavens is a sight upon which I rarely indulge but which I do so greatly enjoy. And so I found myself happily blessed last eve - as I trekked slowly homeward whilst tomorrow became today, I gazed fondly across the frigid beauty of vast fields and towering trees dusted lightly with freshly fallen snow twinkling under the light of a pale, waxing moon.. A peaceful revelation thereupon took hold: This beauty and wonder, so pristinely untouched as the snow was as new as the day, was nature's gift for my eyes alone. Not a soul was awake along this road flanked by darkened houses and empty fields. The only luminescence came from the vibrantly colored lights strung around doorways and shrubberies, from the headlights of my car and from the moon hung high in the heavens.

No comments:

Post a Comment