Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Too Important

Let me tell you a little something about people who declare themselves "Too Important:"

Their existence is pondersome to me.

(And when I say pondersome... I mean that it makes me wonder why they're a necessary part of society.)

For instance, I was told by a dancer during the run of a local show I worked with that he was "too important" to assist with a costume. His narcissism was almost inspiring... or, at least, it would have been if he wasn't so Godawful frustrating. While it played to his strengths onstage, and made him appear to be fantastically cast for his part, most of the crew knew that he wasn't acting outside of his normal living range to plumb the self-important depths of his role.

Meanwhile, in the other parts of my world:

Public Service Announcement

Fellow Humans: I appreciate all that you do. You each have your own important part to play in making this world spin roundy-round, and in return for your efforts, I offer you my thanks.
However, the self-importance is something we should chat about.

You are not so highly regarded or so thoroughly needed that I'll walk on eggshells when you do something insensitive.

Which is why your attitude can be checked at the door when I request that you follow basic health and safety courtesy upon regarding a communal candy dish. It isn't "uncalled for" for me to request that you use the scoop already placed in the bucket 'o treats. What's uncalled for is your nonchalance regarding my reaction to your wrist-deep plunge into the goodies. It's flu season, sweet cheeks, and I don't know where your germs have been. Keep your paws out of my chocolatey goodness.

RaYD,
Sunny

No comments:

Post a Comment