Thursday, January 31, 2013

Easy to Please

An important part of my job to be as helpful as I can.

Today, that helpfulness was practiced as an individual came in unannounced and requested an audience with an EngineerFriend.

As the regular Receptionist was just coming back from her lunch break, I was able to take the message to the aforementioned EngineerFriend myself. He was walking down the hallway as I grabbed him and said “So-And-So is here to see you. Would you like to see him, or are you busy?” As he considered his response, he kept walking. I stopped him and said “The gentleman is just outside this door. Might I suggest, if you’re busy, that you don’t walk into his sightlines before brushing him off?” EngineerFriend laughed and regarded his associate, with whom he had been walking. “She’s pretty good!” The associate – who had been my boss in a former lifetime – laughed and said “It’s just one more service she offers.”


If all it takes to appease these masses is a grin and a touch of helpful attitude, I’ve got them licked.

No comments:

Post a Comment