Tuesday, December 18, 2012

The Madness! The Horror!

Not really.

To be perfectly honest, I'm not at all surprised that I haven't posted in 12 days. (That's very festive of me. 12 is a big thing this season.)

Here's what I have accomplished, in no particular order (and not at all a complete record):

CREATIVELY SPEAKING

* I successfully repossesed my home from the sparkly garments of a local show I costumed.

* I successfully arranged said garments in a fashion that didn't impede my dancers as they got themselves onto the stage night after night.

* I successfully arrived at the theater on time each night and completed each task that needed completing. (OF NOTE: This wouldn't have happened without my fantastic support crew. TD Gnome, you are most thoroughly thanked.)

* I found a Christmas tree with Boyfriend of Amazingness, got it to stand up and remembered to water it before it turned brown and died. (Well... died more. It was dead as soon as we cut it down.) We even got it decorated.

* I found and printed out Christmas cards of acceptable sparkle-without-having-glitter.

SOCIALLY SPEAKING

* I successfully kept a level head throughout all of tech week for the dance show, without being a party to any major meltdowns. (Read: there were no major meltdowns to be a party to. There were hardly even any minor meltdowns. I was so proud!)

* I made it through a dance party for opening night of the dance show, where I shook my groove thang on the dance floor until the wee hours of the morning. (Of note because I've resisted the urge to take the dance floor since high school. It just felt weird... But I'm glad I broke that drought. It was totally worth it for the happy picture of me with BofA, Lighting Guy and my Amazingly Fantastic Producer letting the stress of the past three months go out on the dance floor.)

* I made it through the party the following night for cast and crew, where I managed to stay on the sober side of tipsy and then get my Designated Driver on and see my friends safely home.

* I managed to only miss one dance class due to my own scheduling conflicts. (Although I was planning to miss last night's, but it was cancelled before I got a chance to not show up, so I don't think it counts.)

HEALTHFULLY SPEAKING

* I successfully put on my big girl panties and dealt with it after a doctor's appointment I had been dreading was postponed for a week due to my doctor's absence for the birth of one of her other patient's babies. I even managed to pull together some happy thoughts for the family.**1

* I took a nap every day during the weekend.

* I actually ate a meal that was cooked at home.

* I managed not to completely lose my marbles when I stepped in poop in my brand new opening night gala shoes.

I still need to finish the show. Then I need to pack up everything and get it back to where it belongs. I may even have to do some laundry.

I need to clean my home for the holidays, just in case anyone comes over to visit. Without the costumes there, I don't have an excuse for its untidiness.

I need to make cookies and candies for the assorted goody baskets I try to give out to friends who are worthy of gifts but I don't want to spend money on.

Hell... I still need to finish Christmas shopping. I need to fill out and mail my cards. I need to start finding Who Pudding for the feast. With a week to go until the big day, that in itself can be a nightmare.

But I'm keeping my head up. I can totally do this.

From me to you:


Festive Holiday-Of-Choice, ReaderFriend.
I hope it's full of all good things.
All good things, and pie.
 **1 Updated: The doctor's appointment turned out to be okie-dokie. Yeah, it was touch-and-go for a little while, after I passed out... but I came to just fine, and got to spend a weekend on the couch eating cookies and snuggling with Boyfriend of Amazingness. Not to worry, ReaderFriends - I'm not going anywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment