Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Fish Gotta Swim, Birds Gotta Fly...

And sometimes, grumpy old women just need to find the negative in everything that is said.

Today I find myself struggling not to be angry with my local GOW, but instead just trying to give her a wide berth.

No, ReaderFriend... practicing kindness instead doesn't seem to be doing the trick.

You see... this woman can find negativity in a compliment. (Or, barring her discovery of any existing negativity, she'll create some by twisting your words to suit her means.)

And then she portrays you as a monster to people who cannot possibly get a different view of the story.

Which means that, despite your best efforts and your tireless attempts to be a kind person... Somewhere out there is a group of people who just don't care to see you that way.

Their minds will not be changed, so don't waste energy trying...

Instead, save that energy and put it towards someone who will be touched by kindness.

But do spare just a moment to acknowledge how dark and lonely the world must be for people who chose to live in that shroud of negativity.

I just can't imagine making that choice.

SO:

Instead of wallowing in self-pity about being portrayed as an evil shmuck, I'll instead wish you all a Happy Post-Christmas Day Of Recovery. I hope you have minimal sugar crashes, naps aplenty and lots of new toys to keep you amused.

And, if you had to go to work today (like I did...), I hope that you at least got to wear a cool new tee-shirt that someone got you as a gift.


Thank you for my new shirt, Seester!
(And the ThinkGeek that made it possible.)


No comments:

Post a Comment