Tuesday, May 31, 2011

"Monday" Morning Breakfast Bites

Ah, the thrill of another "Monday" morning in the office. There's nothing quite like it. The feel of stagnant air leaking from the broken air handler onto the back of my neck... The pile of papers I left inconspicuously in my chair on Friday in my haste to escape (in hopes that some pixie or another would shred them to bits and I could pretend they had never been in my possession, instead of actually doing the work like I should...) The knowledge that another dreary weekend is behind me... Really, nothing quite beats the feel of a Monday.

Did you buy that?

No, me neither.

But if we repeat it often enough, it will get better.

(Or we'll kill enough time to make it be Tuesday... Or, in this week's case, Wednesday [and therefore the halfway point - YAY!)

So, Monday isn't my favorite. It's usually a busy day, filled with the carnage of paperwork left over from Friday (or accumulated over the weekend by EngineerFriends who just can't abide the thought of time away from the office without anything significant to do...) and the activities needed to get the week in gear. Organize Lunch Programs for our continued education. Arrange meetings and coordinate inter-office programs for the week. Blabbity blabbity blah.

And I'm sure that others feel my same disdain towards this Day of Mon.

As such, I feel the need to implement a concept to break the tedium... Just a little something...

MONDAY MORNING BREAKFAST BITES!

Those little nuggets of EngineerFriend happiness that drift across my desk through the previous week. Such clever bon mots as:

"When it comes to my wife, we *always* lie!"

(Spoken in correlation to the phone call I had just received as to his current whereabouts. Dear EngineerFriend: If she really believed you were en route to the airport, she wouldn't be calling in the first place. This is not my fault.)

"I have fallen from my high-standing moral ranks."(This is falling only slightly short of "Forgive me, Sunny, for I have sinned..." Thankfully, it was a short fall and his ample cushion protected him from harm.)

Have a wonderful week, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment