Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Five-Star Options

A PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT

To Know-It-Alls Who Want A New Lunch Option


While on the market for a new lunch option and asking personal questions of your coworkers such as "Where do you like to go to lunch?", it's best not to turn up your nose and respond to suggestions with "Oh, I don't eat there."

And while we're at it, you're welcome to put that look of disgust right back where it came from.

At best, that nonsense will earn you a spot in the ranks of picky eaters who're too good for a sammich.

At worst, you'll offend me with your stern down-the-nose snobbery.

If my culinary tastes are beneath you, you're welcome to say "Thank you for your suggestions." While I understand that my dining situation isn't Michelin rated, it works for me (and my budget, and my available lunch breaks). I made nothing but typical suggestions that I offer to other typical workers in our typical little city. Your pooh-poohery doesn't make you seem special: it makes you seem foolish.

While it's possible that I'll continue tossing suggestions at you like limp spaghetti at grandmama's wall, the thought of that continued effort in the face of your self-righteous scoffery wearies me.

What's more likely is that next time I'll just offer you some of my leftover, congealed Hamburger Helper(TM) and tell you to stuff it.


RaYD,

Sunny


No comments:

Post a Comment