Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Kind of A Little...

So... we're well and thoroughly trucking through the 25 Days of Sunny. I started this post on Day 3. I remembered to keep working on it on Day 13. And now, I don't even know what day of my own celebration it is. But it is at at this point when I must admit that I totally forgot I was supposed to be coming up with thrilling and clever montages about my age, and that I've really just been busy with the celebrations.**1

Which sounds like a good jumping off point for this:



25 Ways I'm Probably Kind of A Little Old

1.) I forget stuff sometimes.

2.) I get crochety when things change outside of my realm of influence.

3.) I like brussel sprouts, broccoli and peas.

4.) I don't mind doing laundry, and sometimes even enjoy doing dishes.

5.) I think Friday evening is a perfectly acceptable time to curl up and read a book.

6.) I'm not super keen on getting shmam-booze-eled.

7.) Video games frustrate the nose right off my face.

8.) I refuse to go out in public in my jammies, no matter how rockin' they are.

9.) I adore birthday cards. The real paper ones that come in the mail and have funny phrases on them.
10.) I save birthday cards (and thank you notes, and letters of recognition, and movie tickets) in a shoebox.

10.a) I'm already on my second shoebox. And I'm only 1/4 century old.

11.) I know cursive, and use it frequently.**2

12.) Sometimes my body aches for no apparent reason.
13.) I feel guilty going out for dinner when there are perfectly acceptable - albeit somewhat old - leftovers in the fridge. Which is why I ate lasagna for lunch again yesterday.

14.) I know who Richard Dean Anderson, Jon Schneider and Dwight Schultz are... and I had childhood crushes on all three of them.**3

15.) The children whose diapers I used to change are now teenagers.

16.) I have to wear glasses when I read or work on the computer.

17.) I cringe when people use bad grammar, and I'm a perpetual corrector of horrendous spelling.

18.) I know how to knit, and occasionally do.

19.) My day refuses to get itself into gear without proper caffeine intake.

20.) I have a budget, and I know how to use it.**4

21.) The idea of tanning makes me cringe in horrified anticipation of melanoma.

22.) I don't always get carded when I buy a beverage.

23.) I find nose kisses to be just as romantic as an enthusiastic probing of tongues.

24.) In my world, buying new clothes is an occasion worthy of note.

25.) I've found my One, and he knows it.



**1 I can't even tell you how much gelato I've eaten. But it's not over till I get my cupcake... which might happen sometime this week. Maybe.


**2 Most often when I'm belly dancing. I write clever notes with my hips. It's really a sight to be seen.

**3 But only from their re-runs on TV Land... come on, troopers. I'm not that old.

**4 I don't always use it, but I do try.

No comments:

Post a Comment