Thursday, February 13, 2014

Winter Skin

I saw the most beautiful sunset last night as I was driving home.

I thought about a time when I was driving with my family to see my grandparents. As we passed through farm town after farm town, I watched the sun sink lower in the sky. When it was just reaching its artistic azimuth, we drove past a horse farm where three dark shadows stood grazing along the edge of the field. The scene so struck me that I was moved to my paint set, and promptly created a hot mess all over my grandmother's kitchen table instead of on the paper.

An artist, I am not.

So I'll just tell you: I saw a beautiful sunset. It looked like a celestial being had dripped pomegranate juice into the western sky, and the color bled through the horizon.

And then I show you:

I'm ready for springtime, and the happier skin it will impart.**1


Reasons I'm Done With Winter

**1 We're not even going to talk about my poor, cracked, frostbite-blistered toes. They make the mess I made on my grandmother's table look insignificant.

No comments:

Post a Comment